Saturday 4 May 2019

FOS O Scale Crates

My finished crates with a bit of detail added to one.
I recently built a few FOS O scale crates for addition to a loading ramp and for leaning against a structure. The photo captions tell the story...George Dutka

What one gets in the package. Note FOS ships this item for free.
I begin by staining the crates with india ink and alcohol mix. I then glue them together. I give them a dusting of PanPastel gray and attach a label. There are a good amount of labels to choose from.
They are very easy to glue together and the powders really add to the weathered look.
Three are seen on the loading dock.
I glued one to the side of this small structure and added some signage and papers to fill it up.
Another look at how I filled one box. The bit of brown tone around the handles are actually the colouring from the laser burning done during cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment