Sunday 11 October 2015

What's in the Box No. 5

The box and plans included with the kit.
I purchased this second hand model kit of the Sanders style station this spring at the Schomberg show. It is an older kit produced by the Sandy River Car Shops decades ago. After building numerous newer laser kits this one is a real throwback to the past in our hobby. Although windows included are plastic the door is something one needs to build up. I will substitute a Grandt Line plastic one on my kit. With our kitchen cupboards going in this week and I have to be out of their way I plan on getting started on this model then. Will fill you in on the weekend how it all goes...it seems like an easy build. Have a Happy Thanksgiving from Canada....George Dutka

The instruction sheet, detail part bag, wall siding and wall and roof shingles are all seen.

There is cedar shingles included in this kit for the walls or roofing...will be using scribed siding for my model. The kit is marked as a SR&RL Sanders TYPE station. The plans are drawn from the restored station still found in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment