I saved these photos and the comments below of a Facebook post awhile back that I though I would share with you. It is very good...George Dutka
Check out these stunning historic photos from the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway (today's Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum).
Photographer and early railfan Hugh G. Boutell visited Wiscasset, Maine on August 17, 1925 and captured photos of the activities at the WW&F - including these views of their #7 engine putting together a 9-car mixed train at Wiscasset and awaiting departure northbound.
A close inspection reveals numerous interesting details, the station building at Wiscasset, and attempts by Mr. Boutell to get that "perfect" consist shot - notably by venturing down to the salt flats at Wiscasset and placing himself on the trestle in front of the engine!
These "slice of life" photos from over 100 years ago show a Maine narrow gauge railroad still in its heyday, long before abandonment and subsequent revival efforts.
We are proud to continue the tradition of Maine narrow gauge railroading with our friends from WW&F and other preservationist groups throughout the state!


No comments:
Post a Comment