Thursday 6 July 2023

A bit about My Book!

My narrow gauge tool-storage shed was covered in two chapters for different reasons.
Don't know if you read RMC but I currently write the column Craftsman Workshop and I also had a book released in January 2023 through White River Productions. I am covering a bit about how it came about and some unused photos in my White River Division blog (link on the sidebar). I thought I would cover a bit that pertained to narrow gauge modeling here. I was able to squeeze in a bit of my narrow gauge modeling in my book.

My narrow gauge tool-storage car was actually covered in two chapters for different reasons. First it is found in "Repurposed Boxcars" Chapter 5 and again in Chapter 9 "Weathering Wood". The weathering wood article was enlarged a bit by using more photos I had included in the original RMC Craftsman Workshop. Originally when I wrote the article I had thought it might have been a feature due to the length. It was reduced to fit the 5 page layout (with ads) for Workshop. I used the leftover text with a group of new photos in a CARM article some months later. So all was well. I thought they may expand that chapter with the additional text but I am assuming page count is always an issue.

Chapter 10  "Build Small Dioramas included my narrow gauge transfer yard. I had used my HOn30" modeling structures and equipment to build a few small dioramas. I did not want to part with my equipment so this was a good way to display what I had built almost 40 years ago...George Dutka


I had built a Maine freight house that looks worse for wear. This was not included in the weathered wood chapter.

I also included my O scale FOS gas station. It has a lot of weathered wood.
An overhead view of the transfer yard diorama. This one was actually used in the book but gives one a great view of what I built.

No comments:

Post a Comment