Saturday 13 November 2021

Bridgton Junction, Maine

Maine 2-Footer Quarterly, Winter 1999 has a nice article on building the station with plans included. The article was by Al Churella.

Recently I was asked about the junction location of the B&H Ry. I had to dig deep to find much regarding that area of the Maine two-footer. I thought there was a lot more. I took a few overview photos to give one the general idea what was offered in the issues. This I hope will make a good start for those wishing to track down material of Bridgton Junction.

If one has other information regarding this junction location, I would love to hear from you...George Dutka

One can see the plans included in the Maine 2-Foot Quarterly winter 1999 issue. I am not sure if there are back issues but one could contact the publisher.

Short and Narrow Rails issue number 12 has photos and plans for the Bridgton Junction coal shed which had dual gauge trackage. There also is a track plan of the yard included in the issue. I would think this issue might be hard to track down, but not impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment