Saturday 18 April 2020

Crown Crates Completed

The lumber storage structure is put to use at the end of a spur on my White River Division. The other structure is going to be used in my waterfront scene.
This structure was constructed over the Easter Weekend. Everything went together well and the stains are my standard applications for raw wood...George Dutka


The storage shed roof is corrugated, but made from paper card-stock. I painted it dollar store cinnamon brown which is a rust colour. It got some dark and light rust Bragdon powders. The stack on the shed is painted cast iron then rusted up with AK rusts and Bragdon powders. I added some additional bracing that is not included.

The walls began with a coat of Floquil grime, then India ink-alcohol mix. I then used some Floquil reefer white dry brushed on the walls as highlights. One door is modeled open. Some PanPastels are applied to the walls as staining and grime. I did add some nail holes with a pin when done. The details on the side are cast metal.

The lumber storage shed was stained with Floquil grime first then India ink-alcohol wash, followed by dry brushing of Floquil reefer white and old concrete. The kit came with about double the lumber one needs to fill the rack. There are a lot of plywood sheeting also for the lower rack. I only used a couple. The roofing included was enough for two or three kits. Some was to be used for the fencing. I built the fence and it will be used in my back alley module.


No comments:

Post a Comment