Wednesday 15 April 2020

BarMills - Crown Crate Company

My finished Crown Crate Co.
It has been awhile since I built a BarMills kit...maybe two years. I purchased this kit during the Danvers, Ma.  Structure Expo. Peter Mumby and I took a tour of the BarMills plant housed in a replica Maine two foot station on the day before Expo. Since they did not have a booth at the show they offered kits at a discount and this kit was what I walked away with. It sure took me a long time to get at it. Maybe it takes a pandemic to have focus. I really enjoy building BarMills kits, Their instructions are of the best out there and the parts fit as they should. One also gets more trim and bracing than is required to complete the model. The captions tell the story and a second post will follow regarding this kit...George Dutka
What's in the box has been laid out here.

Only one lamp shade is required but 4 are included. The casting are very clean.

The box includes a scale rulers on the box and a second one inside along with other great modeling information.

The basic bracing is done.

The main shed is done. The side shed is seen ready to be added. The roof ribbing is applied. The roof will be painted a light gray shortly.

The building and lumber storage shed is assembled. The next step is staining and painting. More to come shortly.

2 comments:

  1. I built the lumber shed as part of Bar Mills Pinkhams Pallets limited run many years ago. The was another small building also similar to the one you have modelled. I think there was an additional double door and the lean to was on the rear.

    Really enjoyed them and it was an early dive into Ho craftsman kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing...this kit also noted that the lean-to can be modeled on the rear, but I liked the looks of it on the side...George

      Delete