Thursday 4 April 2019

Lazy Susan - Water Scene

My O scale boat rests on the surface of the Lazy Susan.
You got a sneak peak at this project yesterday in my Wordless Wednesday. I recently painted up a Lazy Susan which I had painted flat black for a display stand. Since I have a few waterfront scene structures on the go and some boats I thought a water scene might be a great way to display them. Here is what I did.

I began with acrylic paints. I mixed a bit of black with blue and a few shades of green together. The mix was done on the Lazy Susan surface as I worked my way thought the surface. This is what give the water a variation of colouring. The paint was pretty thickly applied so once I got it roughly the way I wanted I dragged my brush across the surface side to side to form a bit of a ripple. I was not sure if the paint would dry this way, but to my surprise it did and some small waves and ripples are found on the water surface...George Dutka

Once the acrylic colours dried I applied two coats of high gloss marine varnish.
My FOS scale barges are seen floating away.
The colours I blended to come up with the water effect. All are dollar store paints or equivalent.
Looking down on the water scene with my recently finished FOS scale kit. More on this model shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment