Saturday 18 August 2018

Water Tank - Upgraded

This tank I purchased assembled. Since then I have repainted and weathered it.
I purchased this water tank back last winter with a few other narrow gauge structures. All the structures needed some work and upgrading. This tank I repainted adding chain to the spout and PanPastel weathering. This past week I got around to adding a few ground detailing which finally finishes off the model...George Dutka

The tanks wooden supports are painted with Floquil grime. The spout is done with old silver then rusted up using acrylic's. I added an old ladder which is from a AHM fire house kit. Some wood boards and ground foam finishes it off. It can now be dropped in any available scene.
A Juneco barrel is added to one corner. Ground foam is added all along the base. Brick Mortar Formula is applied to the brick. Once dry it is rubbed off the brick facing.

Trackside view. The tank was sprayed black then weathered with PanPastels. The finial and roof ribs are painted Floquil jade. The window and door are coloured with Bragdon powder green.

No comments:

Post a Comment