Thursday 10 May 2018

Hit and Miss Engine - Crow River Products


My finished single cylinder engine was a hand out years ago by Crow River Products. I believe they still sell this model.
I got this O scale kit some years ago as a handout at one of the earlier Fine Scale Structures Expo. I recently decided to assemble it for my O scale layout to be used as a load. It went together very easily...I am wondering why it took me so long to get at it...George Dutka

The assembly was straight forward. The photo and drawings really helped. The casting that are Pewter are pretty clean looking.

Most of the engine was painted with Floquil signal red. The wood skids are done using Hunterline Creosote black.

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic quality castings and on par with the other high end white metal castings.
    Nice looking engine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian. Yes I agree they have some really nice quality castings and I have used many of them...George

      Delete