Monday 5 August 2024

Covered Bridge

The bridge as it looked arriving home. It is colored plastic which could look better painted and weathered.
I have not been doing any Maine modeling lately but have started a project that is New England and to keep posts active here on this blog...here it is.

Although I don't recall seeing a covered bridge along any of the Maine Two Footers I have one to show you that I am working on. A modeling friend gave me his Walthers covered bridge this spring. I had commented on it while viewing his layout a year ago. I had done some work for him in the past at no cost so at the Ancaster train show he arrived with it as a gift. I don't know if  the Walthers covered bridges come built or you have to assemble the model. I did have to pull it apart to paint and weather it. Luckily it was not glued to well and came apart without issues. More on the model shortly...George Dutka

I began by pulling off the roof.

All the parts are pulled apart making it simple to paint and weather the model. I used Kaki Camo coat to prime the parts that are to be coated as wood or shingles.



No comments:

Post a Comment