Monday 29 April 2019

Ontario Narrow Gauge Show 2019 - Schomberg

This critter model took first in that category.
On Saturday I attended the Schomberg narrow gauge show presenting a clinic, entering models in the contests and displaying some of my On30, HOn30 and structures. The day went really well. My clinic was well attended, I fielded a lots of questions about my display and I did not overspend at the various booths. My haul this year in the contest categories was first in rolling stock and the Mt. Albert, best use of wood award. Both were for my O scale tool car shed made from a stock car. So not a bad day...more to come later in the week...George Dutka

My haul for the day was plaster castings in O scale from my friend Christopher of Schomberg Scale Models.
My display table of On30, Hon30 and various boats, structures and trucks.
This was a last summers project  built by David Woodhead at the lake. The model is built from a Train Troll kit to resemble a boat found in Algonquin park.
A HOn30 Monson boxcar partly built was offered for $15, but I held off.
Following the prototype.
One could stock up on tools.
This O scale structure won first in structures and also best of show awards. The two photos below view more of the model.

The details look very realistic including the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment