Tuesday 7 August 2018

PanPastels and Brushes

My go-to weathering pods.
The following four colours which are seen above are my go to colours for weathering.



Raw Umber Shade - a good base earthy dirty colour
Red Iron Oxide Extra Dark – a darker red which is a good weathering match to Floquil Tuscan red and many other shades of boxcar red.
Neutral Gray – a nice light gray which accents gray covered hoppers and works well on car roofs as faded areas.
Titanium White – a nice colour for highlighting details, steaking of road names, numbers and cement spillage on hoppers.


Once one figures out what weathering powders and pastels are needed a set of brushes are a good way to go. A few years ago I purchased a set of 6 artist brushes which are sold as a group for about $15. There is a variety of sizes in the package. I also use micro brushes which are fairly cheap and gives one excellent results on rivet seams and hard to reach locations. My weathering brushes are exclusively used for weathering and never used for application of paints. 

Now back to some structure weathering...George Dutka

My set of brushes used strictly for weathering.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment