Thursday 16 September 2021

SR&RL Sanders

Bob Bennett's O scale Sanders scene. Bob Bennett photo

Bob Bennett passed along the following comment to me following the RMC Sanders station article, thanks Bob...George Dutka

"I just read your article in the latest RMC on the SR&RL Sanders station kit-build; nicely done. I thought I'd share a photo of my O scale version. I scratch-built this model using some old PBL styrene shingle sheet. It was supposed to be S scale but seemed right for 1/48 as well. I only had enough for the front and two ends so the back wall, unseen on my layout, is Evergreen B&B siding. The windows are some S scale Grandt parts that match Wes Ewell's plans perfectly. The photo shows the flagstop on a short base that I have used to stage model photos forever. The Sanders tank is also scratchbuilt. I switch these two facilities in and out on my layout with four or five other "pairs." This and other station models appeared in the 2014 On30 Annual.

No comments:

Post a Comment