Sunday 11 February 2018

Tender Completed

My Bachmann tender is ready to go...now to begin on the engine itself.
I recently completed the tender for my On30" 2-6-0. The SR&RL actually had three 2-6-0's, 15, 16 and 18. These three engines were sent to the MEC shops for rebuilding between 1912 and 1916 into 2-6-2's. My Bachmann engine will stay a 2-6-0 and numbered as No. 15. These is just to many differences to copy the prototype. I am just going to emulating what it would have looked like if Bachmann was the builder back then...George Dutka

I added Sylvan coal which is glued down and coated with PanPastel coarse coal.

Some acrylic paints are applied in different shades of gray along with a bit of white steaks.

The lettering is from Mt. Blue Model Co. I used the boxcar lettering decal.

No comments:

Post a Comment