Friday 4 September 2015

On30" Caboose - SR&RL #559

My On30" equipment is crossing the causeway on my HO scale White River Division...the equipment and scene seems to blend together well.
I purchase this Bachmann lettered and painted caboose at the 2010 Springfield show. Once home I took it apart to add a few passenger to the interior...but this project was not completed till Oct. 2012 according to my notes....not sure why.

 The entire caboose got a coating of Floquil flat finish. The roof when apart was painted Floquil grimy black. Once assembled I added a Conductor to the rear platform and dusted on a bit of chalk and Bragdon powders...George Dutka

The caboose came apart really easy. The passengers are added and one can see the interior lighting included with the model.

I put the roof back on to get a before and after view of the roofing...the grimy black finish on the view below shows the difference which I really like.
The finished model ready to roll on my On30" module. I am really happy with how this Bachmann model turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment