Tuesday 30 December 2014

Hunterline 50 ft. Queen Post Bridge

Peter Mumby`s completed bridge is on the right and mine to the left. Once we added the wire rods and plates with adjustment nuts some Bragdon powders are used adding a rust and dust look.

WOD Make and Take Workshop
Earlier this month Don Janes, Peter Mumby and I attended the WOD (NMRA sub.) Make and Take workshop in Ingersoll, Ont. There is more coverage in my WRD blog posted earlier this month. We spent the day building a 50' Queen Post bridge supplied by Hunterline. Peter and I built the S scale version for use on our On30" modules. The 16' wide versions is just right for our trains. We got 90% of the bridge built during the workshop. Yesterday we finally got around to finishing our models. Peter is thinking of crossing a river and I am looking at a road crossing similar to one on the Maine Two Footers....George Dutka

The inspiration for my model`s setting is these two location found in M2FQ. I plan to build a roadway under mine. My bridge in this photo is about 90% finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment